Saturday, October 1, 2011

Another drag of a day

I don't mean what you might think. Today I went to the drag races at Maple Grove Raceway near Reading, PA. It is another NHRA venue close to home. I went by my lonesome as I'm not sure a full day of drag racing would yet peak Payton's interest. Hopefully it might next year. I was lucky - as was the event and all the other fans - that it didn't rain. It was cold overcast day. It misted for a short period. The rain held off though I did drive through some on the way home.
Though the weather wasn't the best for the spectators, it was great for the cars. Race cars are faster in cooler weather. The air is more dense so the engines get more oxygen. A hot track is slick whilst a cool track has more grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always like to get feedback. Please leave us a note. Merci and remember to do so again soon!