Friday, March 9, 2012

Mmmm, what's this?

McDonald's has been begun charging for extras. Extra this extra that. I guess they have been doing so for a while now. It is a small smack in the face, but I suppose it is inevitable. I understand this, but don't really agree with it. Anywho...

Last night before gym class for Payton, we ate at McDonald's. Kathleen hates this, but the boys love it. I kinda like it too. I had noticed an extra charge on my bill the week before and the same charge appeared appeared this night. I don't care for onions and always have them omitted. I like pickles and order extra. On the receipt you can see I am charged 30¢ for the extra pickles. But wait, why am I not credited for having the onions omitted? I queried the manager about this. He said that I should ask to have the pickles substituted for the onions and then I won't be charged.

Now given this new pricing policy I would think that omitting an included item and adding something else, it is implied that I am substituting items. But I guess that just isn't the case. Oh well, 30¢ isn't going to break me, but next time - and there will be a next time - I will be more savvy in my ordering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always like to get feedback. Please leave us a note. Merci and remember to do so again soon!