Thursday, January 19, 2012

And now for something completely different

I have, er had, a problem with our powder room remodel. No matter how tight I tighten the toilet seat bolts, the darn seat would slide from side to side. This toilet doesn't have the normal bolt and nut holding it on. It has a special newfangled nut that I didn't want to strip out. I found what seems to be a nifty solution - Safe-T-Bumpers. These little plastic L brackets screw to the seat and eliminate the side to side movement. I just installed them and they seem to work, but time is the true test.If you have this same problem and want to give them a try you can find these on Amazon.com. They cost four buckaroos. I got two packs to fix two toilets.

BTW, I put our old sink and toilet up for sale on Craigslist. Within a few days I had sold them. A lady bought them and said they would be perfect for her vintage style bathroom. I didn't ask much, just $50. I was glad to get rid of them.

Update: These little brackets have done a good job at eliminating the seat's side to side movement. I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always like to get feedback. Please leave us a note. Merci and remember to do so again soon!