Wednesday, July 9, 2008

In Time Out!

Not Payton, but Mommy. I was caught using a bad word by my "almost" 4 yr. old (S#$%!). I had a perfectly good reason, but I was rightly called on my behavior and told by Payton, "Go sit in time out Mom, that was a bad word". Hmmm, how should I handle this? I figured the best reinforcement to our discipline routine was to take my own medicine and have a seat. A few minutes later my young son signaled to me that I could get up. I went to him and told him I was sorry. To which he replied, "And what are you sorry for?". "I'm sorry for using a bad word", I answered. (boy did this conversation sound familiar) "Okay." he told me. "No more bad words words tonight Mom. I love you." I think Super-Nanny would be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always like to get feedback. Please leave us a note. Merci and remember to do so again soon!